Bonjour to the non- existing readers!
Near afternoon, I went to my neighbor’s place for tea. Not really tea, but the snacks. They're worth getting up from bed at 2 in the night. The story dates back to the day I met Jesse Aunty in the previous apartment I lived, I hoped that she'd become my next- door neighbor someday. You'd savor anything edible she makes(No guarantee, but most of it anyway. I'm witness and critic). I gave her the honor of being best cook, after my Aunt in Kerala, though. Her culinary skills are far beyond the realm of the Universe. Well, Jesse aunty did shift right next door and wasn't I glad.
While I was gormandizing at the opportunity, the subject of the kathak performance being showed just nearby was brought up. The family was planning to go for the recital, for sheer entertainment.
My mom whipped, "Betty, you said you'd nothing to do. Why don't you go along?" I nearly choked. "Sure, why not." I babbled.
No denial I'd been moaning about how I had nothing to do all day and was getting suffocated to death because of the boredom. (References to the first Post)
But a kathak performance? I didn't like the sound of it.
As I volunteered reluctantly, I realized it wasn't all bad. I got to breathe some fresh air during the walk unlike the musty atmosphere around the TV I'd been surviving on.
I came back at nearly 10:40 at night, mom had already gone off to sleep and my sister was writing something at the computer for what seemed like a long time. She hadn't blinked for the past 10 minutes. I think so.
I had my compact dinner, occasionally glancing at my sister.
My mother, even in her sleep out rightly refused to allow me to write for the blog this late. Glimpsing at my sister, I lost my last hope and changed into my pajamas and jumped into bed.
As I sunk into its cozy confines, I was off to the place where I belong.
Ciao.
PS It was World Forestry Day yesterday, for anybody who cares.
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment