(EDIT: Updated in December 2011)
Last eight movies I saw and loved
1. The Artist
2. Top Gun
3. Real Steel
4. Love, Actually
5. Inception
6. Girl, Interrupted
7. Kung Fu Panda 2
8. A Beautiful Mind
Eight things I want to do before I die
1. Be a computer scientist. Save the world, one line of code at a time.
2. Learn to play top ten rock guitar riffs, learn piano
3. Work for the Indian administration.
4. Watch Coldplay, U2, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, or Jason Mraz play live.
3. Work for the Indian administration.
4. Watch Coldplay, U2, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, or Jason Mraz play live.
5. Travel around the world, talking to the natives and eating local food.
6. Make money. Adopt a baby boy from Darfur, Somalia or any place for that matter.
7. Attain nirvana and contribute to humanity.
8. Marry an intelligent, funny, good-looking man and make babies.
Eight things I’m passionate about
1. Learning.
Eight things I’m passionate about
1. Learning.
2. Living in different cultures.
3. Making a difference and doing good to humanity.
4. Being funny.
5. Loving my friends and my family.
6. Harry Potter. Very close to my heart. Joanne Rowling taught me love, friendship and valor. I'm not afraid to face death in case of a Voldemort type situation and it’s made me better prepared (hopefully) to lose my loved ones.
7. Things that I begin. The Words and Beyond Club, for instance. Perhaps a lame theme for a gathering, it remains my object of affection and sincerity. Sometimes I surprise myself about how seriously I take it and passionately I stand up for it. I guess it will take more than disheartening critics, jeering members and detached teachers to stop me.
8. Discussing World politics and economy however little I know. There’s still so much to learn and read about! I like to converse with my Dad on things like the depreciation value of the dollar, recession, democracy, motives behind the Bombay Sock Exchange like it is (my dad does most of the talking, and I do the listening), Barack Obama, Barack Obama and some more Barack Obama.
Eight things that attract me to my friends
Eight people (or less) I want commenting on this post
1. Sakshi
2. Namya
3. Left- em
4. lavanya
5. You
Eight things that attract me to my friends
1. Awesomeness
2. Intelligence
3. Wit
4. Good Conversation
5. Funnyness
6. Smarty-pantsness
7. Niceness
8. Sincerety
Music I can hear again and again
1. Coldplay
1. Coldplay
2. U2
3. A R Rahman
4. Eric Clapton
5. Andrew Bird
6. Aerosmith
7. Savage Garden
8. Jason Mraz
Eight people (or less) I want commenting on this post
1. Sakshi
2. Namya
3. Left- em
4. lavanya
5. You

27 comments:
nice......
"math"? :P
guys who are orators. period.
;)
You like Condi better than Hilary? Weird.
How many of those 8 books have you read fully? Random curiosity, NOT meant to be rude.
Well, I wouldn't have come to 8 if I counted only books that I've completed. Hence are mentioned the ones I tried. Read fully are Beastly Tales, Airman, Two Lives and A Thousand Splendid Suns.
And I would have taken offense if you hadn't specified. I just seem to get defensive most of the time.
Condi over Hillary Clinton any day.
And yeah 'guys who are orators' Being my friend, you would have figured. It really is unfortunate, ain't it?
totally, it is. coz the "guys who are good orators" generally tend to be complete fools in reality. the ones u fell for, at least.
no offense, but thats the truth, actually.
guys are fools in general. but yeah, she does tend to choose the worst ones.
Condi over Hilary? come on, she's Bush's aide. she thought the Iraq war was a good idea. she probably still supports it. Don't do this.
Or do you have an African-American bias? Sheesh.
what has the world come to
its steve wozniak not wozniack
that changed the world Aditya, it did
thanks
it's aditya after all. he's a critic. specially when it comes to IT.
You got iWoz? From where? Can I have it? *eyes glittering with hope*
" guys are fools in general. but yeah, she does tend to choose the worst ones. "
Whoa, nicely put, anyway I suggest that all of you should forget this nonsense (dating, guy/gals), zen out a bit, meditate and attain nirvana. I am telling you it helps a lot, forget this stuff, live life a bit and do something, create something good. I do know some good orators who aren't fools, take Steve Jobs for example, he is one insanely great visionary, he foresaw most of the major trends in computing before they actually took place. However, he does have his dark side, everyone does.
You are an Obama supporter? Nice, seriously, I like people who can think, Hillary Clinton is the same old smoke and mirrors, Obama is a breath of fresh air. Did you see how he handled the 'elitist' tag? He shrugged it off, he refuses to deal in such petty politics, he realizes that building a nation is something totally different. In short he can think differently. As for hillary Clinton, well, she's a the worst possible leader imaginable, the same goes for John McCain, a 100 years! sheesh!
By the way I think that they trade stocks on dalal street, not "Sock"s. Correct is, typos do happen...
Heck, I wasn't exactly deathly serious when I wrote that.
Anyway, there are all kinds of fools. Some people are nice fools, and some are irritating fools and some are just foolish fools. So I don't really mind.
We're not guy crazy.
We were talking about male orators in school. Find her one who isn't a fool. (Hey, that rhymes)
Obama I don't approve of very much on patriotic principles. I don't care how much he 'nation-builds' USA, he's not very pro-India. He'll just stop all outsourcing etc. McCain is probably best for India, but he's Republican and I don't like them. So Hilary.
Now that I've contradicted everything you've said, bye bye. ;)
I didn't expect you to be, like I was.
I know they're all kinds of fools as I have been with them all my life and, maybe, I am one of them. Anyway, always remember that being a pirate is better than joining the navy, go figure it out.
The problem with orators is that extremely shallow people are able to do what they do, or you need an extremely deep person for that. The latter is pretty rare so I guess you get the former everywhere. When will you get it? Obama has clear set principles, Hillary is a liar, take a look at her Bosnia comments. She can lie through her teeth without flinching; now that's scary. She will probably formulating war planes while kissing the prime minister good bye.
I don't like contradicting anyone, it's about peace. You seriously need to learn zen, tend to your compost pile a bit (it's very, very relaxing), you know discover what makes you, you or, take a LSD trip. Sigh, I miss the 60s & 70s.
Shalom.
PS: if any one got the joke in the previous comment, I deliberately made typos in solidarity with betty, although that doesn’t mean that I commit typos everywhre.
yo! i know how to give a comment.siddharth claims that his iq is 169.(i mean bull).cool eh?
i doubt it.by the way i skipped a few of your posts and i certainly dont apreciate most of the songs you do
i want to become an assasin! my dad used to watch the stock exchange too.( i never got to know when he slept).he watched it all night.
i want to become an assasin! my dad used to watch the stock exchange too.( i never got to know when he slept).he watched it all night.
anuj is a git and a moron( i hope sakshi and anuj read this).to prove my point-he is plain scared of ninethies.and if ppl are going to talk about american politics then please i beg of you.dont.both are gits.i should rule america.there will be a shocking change in the lifestyle and state of affairs.............shocking.
assassin eh? not a bad idea really
and watching stocks on TV is kinda boring., my dad used to do that too. now we have no TV
i doubt siddharth too
"You got iWoz? From where? Can I have it?"
I returned it to the Sr. Library ages ago, so you can find it there i suppose
"i hope sakshi and anuj read this".
i'll kill iraj.
"
anuj is a git and a moron( i hope sakshi and anuj read this).to prove my point-he is plain scared of ninethies
"
Whatever.
Dude as far as stocks go have you heard of a company called google? Thought so, go to google stocks and they offer all the major blue chip stocks. If it's some other company then try NDTV's website.
Sobhagya thanks for the tip, I'll search for it tomorrow.
Peace out.
I borrowed iWoz :P
I'd been waiting for it for like half a year.
Btw, I'm not too crazy about any candidate. I used to be, about Obama (I don't care what he does to India, I'm not staying anyway), but he doesn't have any opinions of his own, a fact I've noticed in debates and press reports. He's always afraid to take a stand, just gives the public a load of crap that sounds good and they simply wolf it down.
Sorry about the rant, but I still can't believe I was idiotic enough to think he was the guy to lead America.
so u lik luk for smartness in friendz... lik d maths smartness... phewi.... ... .... wah u mean 2 say all ur friends are smart thanx 4 d compliment
i am juss too lazy to type my id so anony.. comments
now u knoe who i am
so u lik luk for smartness in friendz... lik d maths smartness... phewi.... ... .... wah u mean 2 say all ur friends are smart thanx 4 d compliment
i am juss too lazy to type my id so anony.. comments
now u knoe who i am
lemme guess. ganjoo.
think it's meghna...or ganjoo
Why in the world do u want to tour france, of all the places??
i went their for just two weeks, and came back half dead.
too much french speaking and smelly cheese reallly gets to u.
Hi Betty!!
Post a Comment