Friday, October 17, 2008

Update!

I found this nice way to categorise my new-found and updated interests and note-worthy happening around and about me. Oh and I couldn't put this in any, maybe miscellaneous, but I like typing in Hindi and get sudden urges to translate what I'm saying to French.

People
Henry Paulson, Secretary of the Treasury
Paul Krugman, Economist and Professor (Recently won the Nobel Prize for Economics for his theory on patterns in geographical trade.)

Books
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Songs
Affirmation by Savage Garden

The Worst Song I've Heard Yet
Tandoori Nights (I had the misfortune of hearing it on the radio, and wasn't surprised to learn later who its singer was. Goodness, people like him should be banned but it's a free world, so nothing I can do.)

Profession according to Blogger User Profile
Industry: Law Enforcement or Security
Occupation: State Defence Advisor, Kyrgyzstan

Comics
Calvin & Hobbes by Bill Watterson (was and always will be)
Opus by Berkeley Breathed (new find, comes weekly.)


Juices

I've gone off Orange and I love Apple Juice now. It finishes quicker though.

Obama news
A lot happening right now, and I'm following it religiously as always. But I know you guys don't like reading Obama, but now it looks like he's got a chance. Only last month I believed that despite all the hype, in the end, the average (pea-brained) American (EDIT: I never said this.) wouldn't like to take a risk and will go for McCain. But I just got my hopes high!
Oh and Sarah Palin sucks, I thought it was obvious (read the Interview by Katie Couric of CBS News transcript and you'll know).

Mid-Term Exams Coming Up
Maths
Social Science

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've some info about Obama.
61 nobel-laureates-cant-be-wrong

Anonymous said...

i'm anonymous just for the heck of it. anyway, tandoori nights truly sucks big time. it was made my favourite song, and then they forced me to hear it. oh, the torture.

i'm surprised u haven't read angels and demons. i thought u had. anyway, i loved it when i first read it.

Namya said...

Why Paulson? Yuck.
Paul Krugman, I can understand. He's the guy your sister sat next to, right?
Why don't you try Warren Buffet? He's a current hero. Millionaire, astute, respected businessman and philanthropist, said 'Rich people should leave their kids enough so that they can do anything but not so much that they can do nothing.' Close to my own heart.

Sold orange juice is disgusting. Apple juice is so, so much better.

Anonymous said...

Nice, I did take a liking to Warren Buffet, read an excerpt from his biography, very interesting. But this is about the last week, keeps changing. Oh and remind me when we're back at school, I need his biography, I completely forgot.

And she didn't exactly sit next to him, but even otherwise, he's witty. And I like his views on the current govt. in America. (He's outrightly against the current admin., and he says it. Ha!)

And oh yes, apple juice is always better. I've come to love it.

Namya said...

warren buffet is very dysfunctional, scratch that.
i'm impressed with this patty stonesifer person now. she manages bill gates' social service organisation. impressive woman.
and 'i'm not a psychopath'? just who do you think you're kidding?
umm, and you suck at spellings. sorry, can never resist.

Anonymous said...

I thought so, about the spellings waala sentence, you know it depends if you taker it as a noun, you'd say with or so I think. Anyway I think I'll change that.

sonal shah or some other indian in obama's admin, sounds real cool too. Vice president a goldman sachs and was head of some dept at google and some other stuff which I found impressive a month ago. Anyway will search up this stonesifer woman.

InExile said...

when i was in school u were the exact type o
girl wi ould fall for ! :) random thot