Monday, March 26, 2007

mindbender

Though it's probably not mind bending, here’s something that will keep you busy.


Each sentence below conceals a world capital, spelt out in consecutive letters.
Identify the capital.

Example: TV executives announced their September lineup.(Berlin, Germany)


If there's any you can't find, you can post it as a comment.
Let's see if you are true globetrotter!
Bonne chance!

  • Captain Nemo scowled.
  • It was a doorman I lacked.
  • We gave the rosebud a pesticide.
  • Lt. Colombo got all mixed up.
  • With less violence, the film can be R- rated.
  • Here is the pheasant I agonized about shooting.
  • The tarp over our pumpkins has an opening in it.
  • The Red Cross will call on donors for money.
  • Don't yank a rabbit by its ears.
  • Population is swelling to new heights.
  • You must strip olives of their skin.
  • Peace activists boycott a war conference.
  • Would you consider Eric a pet owner?
  • Kicking stones can hurt your toes.
  • We returned three bushels in kind.


HOW DO YOU RATE?

1-9 don’t go anywhere without a map.
10- 11 you’re no tour guide, but not bad.
12-13 Airline pilots must know you by name
14-15 Marco Polo was an amateur next to you.

PS For those gallant enough, you may kindly post your results as a comment.
Warning: Post at your own risk!
I'll start and do the honors.

Courtesy: Readers' Digest mindbender

4 comments:

Sobhagya Jose said...

I'm no great shakes at World capitals, but it was easy finding them in a sentence save 1 or 2 of them.
My score's 12.

Namya said...

please don't go pinching rd mindbenders.
my score, i think, was 13 or 14. can't be bothered to do it again.

Sobhagya Jose said...

um... that sounds snappy.
anyway, i've just added the credit, missed it.

Monkey With Keyboard said...

A few of them took some time, but on the whole they were all quite simple. Mine's 15. But I don't know about the Marco Polo thing, I've never been abroad.