Saturday, March 24, 2007

my last year in a nutshell

Salut mes amies!

I just read the comments made by some of you on the post
“This isn't the end of the road . . ." and was overjoyed that I shared my opinions and conclusions drawn from what I encountered.

Life acquaints us with many different tests and obstacles, but it affects each one in a different way. For some, it may be a reminder to be courageous or determined to hurdle the obstacle. For some, it may be a confirmation that hard- work and perseverance pays off. But for many ignorantly blissful people, the hindrance simply passes by without leaving a mark in their character.

You should hope you're not from the latter category.

I deduce that when they say every thing's got a reason behind it, they mean it.



Moving on, the results I got yesterday were directly proportional to how much I studied. My English teacher failed to teach me a lesson for being over- confident and complacent when I missed the top marks, yet again, by quite a margin. I'm ashamed to say that I got a whole grammar question messed up because I thought it would be a piece of cake.

Well Radhika ma'am, you'll be glad to know that I have learnt my lesson, alright. Taking English Exams for granted was one of the gravest mistakes I've made so far.



Also, I was quite awestruck when Saksham (my classmate) managed a 98.5 in French! Whoa! My jaw was hanging for nearly a minute. I though 98 was way beyond my reach. But he's lifted my hopes another 60 feet and inspired me to work towards something better in the French exam/ tests next year. I grappled a 90 in French which I thought was satisfactory. But now I realize I've got a long way to go!



It was an amusing end to the last day as class 8, when one paper ball in the air started a full- fledged war! I was unfortunately sitting in the corner, most prone to paper balls. Maybe it was also because Sakshi was in the vicinity!

It sure was fun, especially when the History teacher (undoubtedly has to be Mrs. Sohinee Chatterjee) was literally seeing through us. She wouldn’t be bothered if a battle broke out under her nose. But I appreciate her for being a sport. She simple ignored us after a few unsuccessful cries. The boys went a bit far by flinging water- dripping paper balls to the other side of the class.

The best part of this 8- K traditional game is when you throw a paper ball at some unassuming person and then he hits at someone else, thinking it was that person who hit him. And then you enjoy the scene form far away, guffawing loudly at the chaos you created. But that's when you get a smack with a paper ball from some other cunning classmate! This might sound theoretically confusing, but it’s practically lots of fun to witness!

And due to the circumstances that day, everybody headed for their buses 20 minutes early.



Class 8 indubitably flew for me. Even though it did not give me my most successful undertakings, it gave me a fair share of triumphant moments.
It has given me lessons to be learned (not the ones in textbooks!) and reminders that will hopefully last a life time.



These quotes accurately reflect my inference after last year.



If A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z, where X is work, Y is play, Z is keep your mouth shut.

Albert Einstein



Of course there is no formula for success except, perhaps, an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings.

Arthur Rubinstein



Flops are a part of life's menu and I've never been a girl to miss out on any of the courses.

Rosalind Russell



He's never been very successful. When opportunity knocks, he complains about the noise.

7 comments:

Namya said...

gosh, u need more of z.
and please don't take it as in the plural. u get quite enough of those.

Sakshi said...

funny u mention the paper ball fight.

Monkey With Keyboard said...

i disapprove of paper ball fights. i believe they nurture a sense of irresponsibility in impressionable children. like all of you.

Namya said...

wow, why do u think we love them?

Sakshi said...

i like them. even though i get beaten up the most in the end.

Sobhagya Jose said...

paper ball fights, zindabad!
at least the class is united when it comes to this! nobody's left out, i make sure of that.

[.:::F.ú.l.l.y Ģ.а.и.g.ѕ.т.а :::.]™ said...

i love paper ball fights! lol...
and u know the rubber band fight game..its soo skool...
i used to play it in my grandmother's skool....haha...i got caught..and bashed up a guy for that...lol..i didnt really have to say that...but still i like boasting( if my spelling is rite :S )